CBD and Meditation.
What is meditation?
Meditation is a focusing practice that suspends the normal stream of thoughts occupying the mind. Usually, the attention is focused on a specific thing, such as the breath or a phrase. Practicing meditation regularly is believed to calm the mind, increase alertness, and bring a person into a state of physical and psychological balance.
Some people choose to learn meditation at home using an instructional book or audio CD. Others choose to learn from a teacher.
In studies, meditation has been shown to help:
- reduce stress
- improve moods
- improve the quality of sleep
- reduce fatigue
There are many approaches to meditation. Here are some of the more common ways people meditate:
- Focus on the breath: Keeping the attention on the sensation of the breath as it passes in and out of the nostrils. Sometimes called "mindfulness meditation," it tries to teach the meditator to be "mindful," or aware, of the present moment without judging or reacting.
- Focus on the body: Feeling the sensations throughout the body, such as pain, warmth, or tension
- Focus on a word or phrase: Repeating a word or phrase, sometimes called a "mantra," to keep the mind free of distracting thoughts
While many people sit still to meditate, it's possible to use the above techniques while lying down, standing, or walking. Meditation can also be combined with other practices such as yoga or tai chi if sitting still is difficult for you.
What to expect during meditation.
Meditation usually begins with finding a position that's comfortable for you. Most people choose to close their eyes to reduce any visual distractions. Once you're in position, you'll focus your attention on the area of your choosing, the breath, a mantra, or another area of focus. During your session, you will be working to bring your awareness back to your area of focus whenever you find your mind wandering.
Tips for beginning meditation:
- Look for a quiet location. If you're beginning a meditation practice, a quiet place with minimal distractions is ideal.
- Make sure your posture is comfortable. If you are sitting or standing, make sure you are in a comfortable position.
- Keep an open attitude. It is very common to become distracted while meditating, so try not to judge yourself when your mind wanders — just gently return your attention to the focus. Observe and accept the thoughts that come and go.
- Try to avoid positions that make you sleepy. When meditating in a sitting position, some people feel as though they are falling asleep. If this is a problem for you, try to meditate while standing or walking.
- Allow yourself the time you need. It takes time and dedication to develop a meditation routine. It's best to begin with small manageable time increments, such as 5 minutes once or twice a day, and then work up to longer blocks of time. With regular practice, meditation becomes easier and more automatic.
How can CBD help in meditation?
With meditation and the amazing benefits of CBD we can feel more relaxed, we will accept ourselves better and we will not fall so easily into negative or repetitive thoughts. Meditating helps us to grow inwardly and that is not something we should lose.
It is said that CBD in conjunction with performing meditation techniques give us the opportunity to see more clearly.
CBD is a non-psychoactive compound taken from cannabis and hemp; it does not produce the high that regular marijuana does. To date, the FDA has only approved CBD for treating rare and severe forms of seizure, although it is promoted as a supplement for many other health benefits such as reducing anxiety, relieving depression and PTSD symptoms and many more.
CBD can help us relax so we can clear our mind and focus on our breathing easily when we meditate, this is perfect for people that have been interested in meditation but have mentioned how difficult it is for them to relax to the point where they can reach that mind-state.
Important things to consider before trying meditation
Meditation is generally thought to be a safe practice. However, in people with psychiatric problems, there have been a small number of reports in which intense meditation has worsened symptoms. If you have been treated for a psychiatric issue, talk to your mental health professional before starting a meditation practice.
CBD is not a medical treatment for any disease or disorder and can interact with several medications. Anyone with a chronic health condition or taking medication should consult with their healthcare provider before adding CBD oil or CBD vape oil to their diet.
Dr. Chin's Herbal shall not be held liable for the medical claims made by customer testimonials. The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products and the testimonials made have not been confirmed by FDA- approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act require this notice.