CBD and Fibromyalgia
On this article, I will talk about Fibromyalgia and the positive effects that CBD can bring to people that suffer from this condition.
But, What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is the second most common condition affecting your bones and muscles. Yet it's often misdiagnosed and misunderstood. Its classic symptoms are widespread muscle and joint pain and fatigue.
There's no cure. But a combination of medication, exercise, managing your stress, and healthy habits may ease your symptoms enough that you can live a normal, active life.
Doctors aren't sure what causes it, but some think it's a problem with how your brain and spinal cord process pain signals from your nerves.
We do know certain things suggest you're more likely to get it if:
- You're a woman.
- You have another painful disease, such as arthritis, or an infection.
- You have a mood disorder, like anxiety or depression.
- You were physically or emotionally abused or have PTSD.
- You rarely exercise.
- Other family members have it.
“Simply put, you ache all over.”
Simply put, you ache all over. Common symptoms include:
- Muscle pain, burning, twitching, or tightness
- Low pain threshold or tender points
- Draining fatigue
- Trouble concentrating and remembering, called "fibro fog"
- Insomnia or not sleeping well
- Feeling nervous, worried, or depressed
So what is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical compound made from cannabis. CBD isn’t psychoactive, unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the other famous byproduct of marijuana.
How does it work?
- CBD acts against THC-targeted receptors to reduce the negative effects of marijuana, such as paranoia and anxiety.
- CBD is thought to activate serotonin receptors, and plays a role in pain perception, maintaining body temperature, and reducing inflammation. It also breaks down a chemical in the brain that affects mood and mental function. This reduces psychoactive symptoms.
- These benefits are what make CBD an appealing alternative treatment for pain disorders.
- CBD for fibromyalgia pain
- Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disorder that causes musculoskeletal pain in addition to fatigue and cognitive issues. There’s no cure for this condition. Treatment options focus on pain management.
- CBD has been used to treat chronic pain symptoms and reduce inflammation. It’s considered to be an alternative to taking addictive opioid prescriptions.
It’s important to note that CBD isn’t yet approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a regulated treatment option.
But a 2009 study found that CBD can be used for relieving neuropathic pain. And in two studies, CBD was used to treat inflammatory and neuropathic pain from nerve injury.
Researchers found CBD to be an effective alternative treatment because it significantly reduced pain symptoms.
CBD treatment options.
Cannabidiol products are used for therapeutic benefits without experiencing psychoactive symptoms of medical marijuana.
You can consume CBD in a number of forms including:
Oils can be applied topically, taken orally, or dissolved under the tongue and absorbed in mouth tissues.
Edibles are foods cooked with the cannabis plant, or cannabis-infused oil or butter. It will take longer to experience symptom relief, but the effects of edibles can last for up to six hours.
CBD cannabis oils can be infused into topical creams and balms to apply directly to the skin. These CBD products can be an effective option for reducing inflammation and helping with external pain.
Smoking or vaping.
If you want to relieve immediate pain, smoking CBD-rich cannabis is the quickest way to reduce symptoms. Effects can last up to three hours. Smoking or vaping allows you to directly inhale CBD from the cannabis plant, absorbing the chemical into your bloodstream and lungs.
There may be respiratory risks of smoking or vaping marijuana. People with asthma or lung conditions shouldn’t use this method. You should also follow dosage instructions carefully, especially with edibles, to avoid the negative side effects of taking too much.
Try our CBD and start your morning with a great start.
Always Free Shipping and discount when you sign up.
Dr. Chin's Herbal shall not be held liable for the medical claims made by customer testimonials. The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products and the testimonials made have not been confirmed by FDA- approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act require this notice.